Don‘t live in Richmond but need help preparing for 13.1?
Then look no further than our Virtual Half Marathon Training Team, designed to motivate and prepare individuals to run the Markel Richmond Half Marathon on November 11. Modeled after our award-winning Richmond-based Sports Backers Half Marathon Training Team, you’ll find yourself not just equipped with a detailed 14-week program, but a great crew of experienced coaches to correspond with by email. One of our favorite perks? Race-day on-course support from our army of Sports Backers Half Marathon Training Team coaches and participants. So let our Virtual Marathon Training Team carry you to 13.1…when you hit that final stretch at the Nov. 11 Markel Richmond Half Marathon, you’ll be glad you didn’t go at it alone!
The package includes:
- Training book (which you'll receive in late July) with detailed 14-week plan to prepare you for the Markel Richmond Half Marathon on November 11
- Weekly Coach's emails
- Sports Backers Half Marathon Training Team t-shirt
- Sports Backers Half Team race day singlet
- Race day on-course support from our great team of Sports Backers Half Team coaches
- Clinic videos
- Half Team meeting tent at the post-race festival (shared with the Marathon Training Team)
- Invitation to the final long run, 12 miles (weekend of Oct. 28-29), on course with the Richmond Half Team
Add the Virtual Half Marathon Training Program to your entry for $55 while registering online. Already registered for the half marathon and want to add the training? Email us and we can help you add it to your entry!
Please note: The 14-week program began on August 5th. You can still join the Virtual Half Marathon Training Team, in progress, through August 31. However, training is meant to take place over the entire 14 weeks and risk of injury is greater when it is not followed properly. We do not advocate an abbreviated training period.
Please note: If you sign up for the Markel Richmond Half Marathon, including the Virtual Half Marathon Training Team, and defer your entry after July 31, 2017, your Virtual Half Marathon Training Team registration will not defer to 2018.