Why Run Richmond? It's The Little Things That Add Up!
Sign Up Today!
Come experience the HCA Virginia 8k. It's 5 miles of smiles! Walkers welcome!
The HCA Virginia features a tour of some of Richmond’s most beautiful and historic neighborhoods and is perfect for runners and walkers of all abilities who want to be a part of a great running event. The same first-class service that makes us “America’s Friendliest Marathon” elevates the HCA Virginia 8k to a premier experience for all participants.
From packet pick-up through the post-race celebration, you'll be greeted with smiles and encouragement by race staff, volunteers and spectators. Enjoy the musical performers and spirit groups along the course and be sure to leave plenty of time for the great Finish Line Festival in Shockoe Slip.
Along with VIP Treatment, All 8k Participants Receive...
Every 8k runner receives a special technical race shirt and a medal at the finish line and is admitted to a special post-race celebration with plenty of free food, drink and lots of smiles and pats on the back.
Water stops will be positioned at the start and at two other locations. Diamond Springs water and Mountain Blast-flavored POWERade will be available at water stops on the race course. Port-o-johns will be stationed at the Start/Finish and adjacent to every water stop. Digital clocks will be stationed at every mile. Medical attention is available along the course.
Participants in the 8k will be corralled for the start based on predicted times listed on their completed entry form.*
*Racing wheelchair participants, please email Kristen Lessig at Sportable to coordinate your starting corral position.
2014 Race Schedule
Thursday, November 13
- 5 - 9 p.m. Health & Fitness Expo at the Arthur Ashe Center: Packet pick-up, Expo and walk-up registration
Friday, November 14
- 11 a.m. - 9 p.m. Health & Fitness Expo at the Arthur Ashe Center: Packet pick-up, Expo and walk-up registration
- 11:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. Marathon Course Bus Tours (reservation required)
Saturday, November 15
- 7 a.m. 8k start
- 7:30 a.m. Half Marathon start
- 7:50 a.m. Marathon start
- 8 a.m. - 3 p.m. Post-race celebration at Finish Line
- 3 p.m. Marathon course closes
Health & Fitness Expo/Packet and T-shirt Pick-up
Packet pick-up will be available at the Health & Fitness Expo held at the Arthur Ashe Athletic Center on Thursday, November 13 from 5 to 9 p.m. and on Friday, November 14 from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.
3001A N. Boulevard
Richmond, Virginia 23230
THERE IS NO RACE DAY PACKET PICK UP! A photo ID is required to pick up your race packet. You may pick up a race packet for another pre-registered runner, provided you have a copy of their photo ID.
Have your bib number and shirt mailed to you!
Can’t make it to the expo to pick up your packet? We offer the option of paying to have your bib number and shirt mailed to you! The cost is $25 per person and the deadline to take advantage of this option is September 30, 2014. This option is only available when you register online.
Overall awards are determined by clock time; age group awards by chip time. Cash awards go to the top five overall finishers, male and female. Additional awards will be presented to the top five in all age groups. Age groups are: 9 & under, 10-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69 and 70-74 and 75 & up. Age group winners will receive their personalized awards by mail after the race.
Sports Backers 8k Training Team
The Sports Backers offer an 8k Training Team to train for the HCA Virginia 8k. The 8-week program begins on September 20. Get More Information »
Race Day Bag Check
UPS trucks will be on site at the Starting Line to collect your bags and then take them to the Finish. Clearly mark your bag with your name and race number.
- Entry fees are non-refundable; race numbers and entries cannot be transferred to another person. No exceptions. If you are already signed up for one race and want to switch to another and assuming the race you want to switch into has not reached capacity, you may do so online through September 30 or in person at the Race Expo. There is a $10 fee to do so, along with any applicable entry fee difference. You may also wish to click one of the following links for information about:
- This race is conducted under the rules of USATF and the Road Runners Club of America.
- In consideration of the safety of all participants, NO HAND CYCLES, STROLLERS, BABY JOGGERS, BABIES IN CARRIERS/BACKPACKS, IN-LINE SKATES, SKATEBOARDS, BICYCLES OR ANIMALS ON LEASHES will be allowed on the course. This will be strictly enforced.