Apply to be an Elite Athlete!
If you would like to enter the Anthem Richmond Marathon, Richmond Half Marathon or VCU Health 8k as an elite athlete, please fill out this application and return it, along with a running resume, to the elite athlete coordinator, Thom Suddeth at Roadrun1@verizon.net
To be eligible for elite entry or prize purse at the Anthem Richmond Marathon, Richmond Half Marathon and VCU Health 8k, an athlete must:
- Not be currently serving a suspension for use of a banned substance
- Not have ever served a ban for use of performance enhancing drugs
- Not be represented by coaches and/or agents who have had 2 or more athletes receive such suspensions in the previous 4 years
- Not be represented by coaches and/or agents who ever served a ban for use of performance enhancing drugs during their own athletic career
- Provide proper documentation proving they are eligible for prize money (form W-9, W-8ECI or W-8BEN)
Double your money! Bonuses are offered for course records for both male and female athletes.
- $2,500 bonus for Anthem Richmond Marathon course records
- $1,000 bonus for Richmond Half Marathon course records
- $1,000 bonus for VCU Health 8k course records
Bonus Money for Fast Marathon Times
Bonuses of $500 will be awarded marathoners that finish under a certain time.
- Male – 2:20
- Female – 2:46
Travel & Accommodations
- There is no available travel and accommodations for the Richmond Half Marathon and VCU Health 8k.
- We have limited travel and accommodation for the Anthem Richmond Marathon
Requirements to be considered for free entry*
|VCU Health 8k
|Richmond Half Marathon
|Anthem Richmond Marathon
*All times must have been run in the last 18 months
*Comparable times from other distances are considered
Richmond-Area Marathon Championship
The Anthem Richmond Marathon is awarding the top local finishers with cash prizes! Any current resident of the Richmond-Petersburg MSA is eligible to win prize money for being the first Richmond resident to cross the finish line at the Anthem Richmond Marathon. Prize money will be awarded to the top three males and females as follows:
Please note: Plaques will be awarded to the top three local male and female finishers in the Richmond Half Marathon and VCU Health 8k. Richmond-Area Marathon Championship prize money and plaques will be mailed after the event.