October 26, 2013 - Byrd Park
Calling all kiddos! We've got a new, hip, fun running event (yes, we promise running can be fun!) just for you and your friends and classmates. You can choose between a 0.5-mile, 1-mile, or 2-mile course through Richmond's scenic Byrd Park. The Call Federal Credit Union Marathon Jr. is part of the Anthem Richmond Marathon -- just happening two weeks earlier!
Sign up now!
|Through September 30
||$15 for all distances
|October 1-October 23
||$20 for all distances
|Walk-up registration - October 26
||$30 for all distances
Online registration closes at 11:59 p.m. on Tuesday, October 23.
During the registration process, participants will choose either the .5-mile, 1-mile and 2-mile options based on their ages and abilities.
- 0.5 mile: 7 & under
- 1-mile: 10 & under
- 2-mile: 14 & under
- Chip timing (1-mile and 2-mile participants ONLY)
- Participant T-shirt
- Finisher Medal
- Post-race food
Entries are non-refundable, non-transferable and cannot be deferred to another year. All participants must be at least 4 years old on event day.
Entry Confirmation: Click here
Walk up registration Saturday, October 26 beginning at 8:00 a.m.
Saturday, October 26
|8 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
||Packet Pick-up/Walk-up registration
||0.5-mile event START
||1-mile event START
||2-mile event START
The Expo and Packet Pick-up will be held at Byrd Park (600 S. Boulevard Richmond, VA), adjacent to Fountain Lake.
- 0.5-mile course: Participants will start in Byrd Park on the west side of Fountain Lake and head northeast completing a full lap around Fountain Lake. This distance will NOT be chip timed.
- 1-mile course: Participants will start in Byrd Park on the west side of Fountain Lake and head northeast around Fountain Lake. Make a left on Lakeview Avenue followed by a right on Addison Street. Take a quick right on Swan Lake Drive and then a right onto Westover Road. Participants then take a final left back on to Lakeview Avenue finishing adjacent to Fountain Lake.
- 2-mile course: Participants will start in Byrd Park on the west side of Fountain Lake and head northeast around Fountain Lake. Make a left on Lakeview Avenue followed by a right on Addison Street. Take a quick right on Swan Lake Drive. Swan Lake Drive will turn into Shields Lake Court. Continue on Shields Lake Court lapping around Shields Lake. Continue on Shields Lake Court before connecting with Westover Road toward Fountain Lake. Participants then take a final left back on to Lakeview Avenue finishing adjacent to Fountain Lake.
It's Halloween, y'all! Dress up and run!
Give your Halloween costume a test "run," and wear it during the Call Federal Credit Union Marathon, Jr. We'll be passing out prizes to the most "BOO-tiful" costumes!
Train with us
We want to help you get to the finish line of the Marathon, Jr. Follow our training guide and log your progress to make sure you are properly prepared for this event.
Kids Run RVA promotes a physically active lifestyle to all youth in the Richmond Region. Sports Backers strives to reach all youngsters by offering motivational programs to all ages. Our Kids Challenge is an incentive-based youth running program targeted for elementary school-aged students. Our 10k Healthy School Challenge rallies middle and high school-aged students to run for school spirit. Our newest effort, Marathon, Jr. training initiative, strives to reach Richmond’s underserved populations with programming before and after school. Together all of our programs will instill a consistent habit of physical activity that will continue to flourish into adolescence and adulthood.
- All finishers will receive a finisher medal.
- Top 3 male and female finishers of each distance will receive awards.
- The top 3 in each age group of each distance will be mailed awards after the event.